If I am injured while working in Puerto Rico, do I have a claim under the Longshore and Harbor Workers’ Compensation Act (LHWCA) or Defense Base Act (DBA)?

Video Transcription:

If you're working in Puerto Rico and you're injured, you may have a claim under one of the two acts, depending on really location and your job duties. If you're working on or around the ports, you may fall under the Long Shore Act. If you're working within the island on the hurricane recovery efforts or on public work projects, construction, repairs, things like that, you may be covered under the Defense Base Act.