If I am a non-U.S. citizen or third-country national, can the employer/carrier legally reduce the amount of benefits I receive?

Video Transcription:

Under the Defense Base Act, if you're a non-US citizen or a third-country national, the Act does allow for the insurance company to commutate your benefits. If you are receiving permanent total disability benefits or if you are entitled to death benefits, the Act allows for the insurance company to actually pay you 50% of the present value of the future compensation benefits to which you're entitled to in a lump sum.